Saturday, August 23, 2014

I Want To Lick My Arm - Body Scrub

I admit it... I am a coconut NUT!  After reading the book The Coconut Oil Miracle, I started to experiment with its various uses.  I put a teaspoon in my morning coffee and use it for other things described in the book. BUT the absolute BEST thing EVER in the entire world is the body scrub that I made with coconut oil.  I don't think I got the recipe from the book... just the idea for it.  It is a very easy recipe and one that not only leaves your skin soooo smooth, but you smell tasty and want to lick your arm all day.  I find myself sniffing my arm.  Oh...by the way, don't actually get any of this scrub in your mouth... YUK!

Ingredients:
Dr Teal Epson Salts (Milk and Honey)
Raw Sugar
Coconut Oil

Put 1/2 cup Epson Salt and 1/4 cup sugar together and mix well
Add 1/4 cup of coconut oil and mix quickly (sugar will melt)
Taaa Daaa!   Easy!   I add a tad less oil if I want my scrub to be drier.   I scrub with this in the shower daily and under warm water the coconut oil will spread easily.

I used the Dr. Teal Eucalyptus and Spearmint scent and to make a scrub that is not as sweet smelling.  It is probably better for the men-folk although my sons liked both equally.

No comments:

Post a Comment